Monday, June 22, 2009

amazing poem that I found...

I'm ready to give my heart away,
but it's not mine to give.
My heart is in my Savior's hands
for it's for Him I live.

I dance with Him,
my heart's first love.
He holds me in His arms.
I know His love is pure and true
and so, the dance goes on.

I stumble, yet He pulls me close,
His eyes locked on my face.
"I don't deserve your love,"I say.
"Yes. But that, my daughter, is grace."

Amazing grace. I smile and think
how you love a wretch like me.
Your love so pure and constant,
it's an amazing thing indeed.

For though your love remains so strong,
my heart is troubled still.

I long for "true love" here on earth
to be smitten and swept off my feet.
To dance beneath the moonlit sky
and give my heart away for keeps.

Why do I long for such a love,
for a man so brave and strong?
The very Maker of the universe gave up His life for me.
That is the ultimate love song.

So Lord, I ask and pray this day,
that You would keep my heart.
Hold it, satisfy it, nourish it
and keep it safe from harm.

I choose to dance with You, my Love
until the day YOU choose
to share my heart with the man of my dreams
and I'll share his heart with You.

No comments: